Friday, April 16, 2010

chromium OS

Chromium os is a great operating system, however, I have had limited time with it so I will not be giving a “full” review of it today. It has actually surprised me in many ways that I didn’t anticipate such as: it uses an actual content browser that you can view files and thing on like a flashdrive or external HDD. It has a very need customizable “apps” tab that can be a little tricky to get used to at first but it has really been a nice thing.
    Finally it has one really big flaw, it wont do anything in the gui without being connected to the internet, you can however hot ctrl+alt+t and get to the terminal to do some things quickly. I hope that in the actual release it will have at least a basic text editor built into the OS, and maybe a desktop (for when a time an internet connection can’t be found).

Luke Out

No comments: